Click on any title to read the full article
Definition: (US) A situation in which Congress fails to pass authorization for sufficient funds for government operations (= when basic Federal Government services or nonessentials are not readily or immediately supplied or provided, accessible or available).
* All six elements would be in.
1. Crisis situation would have been a long time coming, as a direct result of a lack of cooperation or compromise by all the political stakeholders.
[ No deal! ] See perfect BY-AND-BY (1).
2. Closure will hurt only the vulnerable or disadvantaged, whatever is done by the President, members of Congress and the Justices, with their 'fat and undeserved' (?) paychecks.
[ Scary. ] See perfect HARDSHIP.
3. Initially very frustrating as there would seem to be no hope in sight for the people mostly affected by the financial stringency.
[ Preposterous. ] See perfect DISGRUNTLEMENT.
4. Will cause a loss or have an undesired effect on the national economy, leading to a decline in the GDP, balance of trade, etc.
[ Disastrous. ] See perfect CONTROVERSY.
5. Lasts for the shortest possible period of time. That is, a dispute on spending limits, debt ceiling, etc. would be resolved very quickly.
[ It's a blame game. ] See perfect EXPLAINING.
6. Political casualties or electoral consequences might inevitably arise afterwards, especially if crisis occurs close to an election.
[ Abracadabra ? ] See perfect BEHIND THE SCENES.
1520 Products was established in 2005 with the purpose of entertaining and teaching us on key and important aspects of life (such as marriage, sex, etc) through the playing of games which will allow us to laugh but at the same time pass a message of what is the right or ideal way.
1520 Sex Game
1520 Marriage Game