Click on any title to read the full article
Definition: (sometimes disapproving) A person who is sentimental about things.
* All seven elements should be in.
1. Things being sentimental about are of importance to this person, even if the items are worthless to another.
2. Person has a high level or degree of sensitivity. That is, some gain accrues to this person from being sentimental about things.
3. The things in question are owned or can be possessed by the person. That is, sentimentality is not ordinarily over things beyond or outside this person's control or influence.
Quote: "Sentimentality - that's what we call the things we don't share". - Graham Green.
|Below the Line|
|4. Person has a basis or justification for being sentimental. |
5. Sentimentality is expressed more by this person through actions, body language, etc. rather than by words and/or speeches.
Quote: "Sentimentality is the only sentiment that rubs you the wrong way". - W. Sommerset Maugham.
further below the line
6. Person has a lot of 'spare' time in his or her hands. In other words, this person is not fully or actively engaged in an endeavour that makes sentimentality needless or unprofitable.
7. Feeling (= sentiments) lasts for duration considered suitable and/or sustainable (connect to #6, to emphasize).
Quote: "A sentimentalist is simply one who desires to have the luxury of an emotion without paying for it". - Oscar Wilde.
Quote: "I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close". - Pablo Neruda.
1520 Products was established in 2005 with the purpose of entertaining and teaching us on key and important aspects of life (such as marriage, sex, etc) through the playing of games which will allow us to laugh but at the same time pass a message of what is the right or ideal way.
1520 Sex Game
1520 Marriage Game