Click on any title to read the full article
|Art for art's sake|
|ART FOR ART'S SAKE|
Definition: The theory that the fine arts are free to seek beauty without regard for moral purpose or social effect.
* Theory holds if all eight elements are in.
1. Purposeful and necessary for who deliberately decides to disregard the senses and achieve a 'negative' impact.
2. A full awareness of the implication and/or repercussions, in or of an artwork, will be possessed by sculptor, painter, etc.
3. Artist or artiste will produce original or genuine work of art. That is, creation will not be strikingly similar to another's.
4. The beauty created cannot be stridently criticized. That is, there would be no harsh critique or virulent condemnation of the production.
5. No attempts will be made to sell or get pecuniary gain from the arts. And no advantage will be demanded from display or presentation.
6. Offensiveness or annoyance, 'worthlessness' or 'meaninglessness', etc. will not be apologized for by the creator of fine works of art.
7. A sanction or fine, loss of reputation or standing, a deluge of threats, etc., if any, will not be protested against by the artist(s).
8. What is 'immoral' or 'damaging' will be available for public view, for a desired period of time and serve purpose(s).
Can and would be cool, or lovely, or striking, or beautiful, or 'out-of-this-world', and, but no more !!
Quote: "The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls". - Pablo Picasso.
Quote: "Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition". - Jacques Barzun.
Quote: "When you do the common thing in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world". - George Washington Carver.
Quote: "Originality does not consist in saying what no one has ever said before, but in saying exactly what you think yourself". - James Stephens.
Quote: "Art is not a treasure in the past or an importation from another land, but part of the present life of all living and creating peoples". - Franklin D. Roosevelt.
1520 Products was established in 2005 with the purpose of entertaining and teaching us on key and important aspects of life (such as marriage, sex, etc) through the playing of games which will allow us to laugh but at the same time pass a message of what is the right or ideal way.
1520 Sex Game
1520 Marriage Game